Our Montessori style Wooden Sensory Trays have been created to encourage children to explore and develop their senses, creativity, and imagination in a fun and visual way. The trays can be filled with a variety of sensory materials such as (not suitable for water or wet items):
- Coloured rice, pasta, salt or sand
- Natural rice, pasta, salt or sand
- Dried beans, lentils or chickpeas
- Kinetic sand
- Pom poms
- Shredded paper
- Cotton balls
- Bird seed
These Sensory Trays are also a great educational resource to assist in developing early literacy and numeracy writing skills, as children can use their finger or our Wooden Stylus tool to write letters, numbers and even their name in a sensory base such as rice or dried peas.
Our beautiful sensory trays are handmade with Tasmanian Oak edges and an Alpine MDF base, both of which are sustainably sourced, a non-toxic glue and a food safe, child safe oil finish. Each tray has been hand sanded to perfect a smooth rounded finish on the corners and edges to ensure that it is child friendly.
Small - approximately 230mm (length) x 195mm (width) x 30mm (height)
Medium - approximately 280mm (length) x 240mm (width) x 30mm (height)
Large - approximately 320mm (length) x 280mm (width) x 30mm (height)
What you get with the set of 3:
- 1 x Small wooden sensory tray
- 1 x Medium wooden sensory tray
- 1 x Large wooden sensory tray
Easter Egg Sensory Tray also available.
Coloured Sensory Rice also available.
- Not recommended for children under 3 years or those who are still mouthing objects. Adult supervision is required.
- Small parts may be a choking hazard.
- Other props and products are not included.
- As this product is handmade from natural materials, each design, including colour, may vary slightly.
Can't see the design that you'd like? No problems at all! Send us an email at email@example.com or message us on our socials:
Don't forget to follow us on our socials and tag us in a photo of your order!